Celebrating After Fresh Election 2012
Objects of Wat Buddhalavarn Incorporated are;
(1) For use as a residence for the Lao
Buddhist Monks and the Monks of other Nationalities.
(2) To carry out the Buddhist Teaching to all
Buddhists and to other who want to learn about and
(3) To provide religious services for the Lao
Buddhists and for Buddhists of other nationalities.
(4) To teach Lao Tradition and Culture and to
(5) To provide a place of Buddhist Public Worship.
We promote Peace, Hapiness and Community Harmony in
In order to achieving these objectives, we
encourage and urge all Buddhists and Non-Buddhists to be
kind and respect to each other.(that's the starting
point of becoming a good citizen of this country and in
To many, Buddhism goes beyond religion and is more of
philosophy or "way of life". It is a philosophy because
philosophy "means love of wisdom" and the path can be
summed up as;
(1) to lead a moral life
(2) to be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions
(3) to develop wisdom and understanding
The 5 Precepts;
The moral code within Buddhism is the precepts, of
which the main five are;
(1) Not to take the life of anything living.
(2) Not to take anything not freely given.
(3) To abstain from sexual misconduct and sensual
(4) to refrain from untrue speech.
(5) to avoid intoxication, that is, losing
This photo was taken on 24 April
2016 when all the Monks around Australia got together
along with all Lao Community Leaders and the Australia
Government Representatives celebrating the Lao New Year
at the temple.
Thongsoun Phantha Oudom the Abbot of Wat Buddhalavarn,
Venerable Chao Khun Samai the Abbot of Wat Pa
Buddharangsee Leumeah, Mr Brian White
President of NSW Buddhist Society, Mr Laurie
Ferguson Federal MP for Werrira, Mr
Greg Warren State MP for Campbelltown,
Deputy Police Commander of Campbelltown Area,
Lao Community Elderly Member,
Lao Community Leaders,along with other monks from other
Monastery around Australia and Lao/Thai/Vietnamese
Buddhists and Non-Buddhist.